OHBA offers the EPA Approved Lead-Based Paint Renovator Training Course in locations across the state!
The EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule applies to all renovations including many typical maintenance and remodeling activities performed for compensation in pre-1978 housing and pre-1978 child-occupied facilities.
The Rule requires that at least one person from all companies working in pre 1978 homes or child occupied facilities take the Certified Renovator training course. This 8-Hour EPA approved Renovator Course must be taught by an Accredited Trainer. OHBA provides this course in many locations around the state.
8 Hour Classroom
- View dates and locations of the 8 hour RRP Course
- To register, simple find a date and location that suits your schedule then call the number listed. It’s that easy.
5 Hour Online + 3 Hour Classroom
- The 3 hour classroom portion of the course is offered in Salem once each month. See Hands-On Schedule
- Enroll in the Online Course at HomeBuildersUniversity.com
After Course Completion
Certify your Firm
- After course completion, certify your firm with the CCB and comply now with the new EPA lead based paint requirements.
- Download CCB Application
Renew Your Certificate Every 5 Years
- View dates and locations of the RRP Refresher Course
- The EPA rule requires that your RRP Certificate be renewed every five years. This can be done with an approved 4-hour refresher course. This course must be taken BEFORE your original certificate expires. (If your certificate has already expired, you will be required to take the Initial 8-hour RRP course again.)
- Download the EPA brochure. This provides a comprehensive, easy to read summary of the rule including how this rule affects you and your work practices.
- Renovate Right Brochure Revised 7-11 This pamphlet must be provided to all home owners and residence of pre-1978 housing before work begins.
For more information on the Renovate, Repair and Painting Rule
- EPA – lead paint information
- State of Oregon – lead paint information
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- EPA’s Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule
For tools to help you comply:
- Zipwall, barrier system products
- Dustless Technologies, lead compliance products
- Nikro Industries, lead compliance products
- RRP Recordkeeping Forms